Friday, August 24, 2007

Thank You Chad- You Fuzzy Headed Ninnymuggins

Chad reminded me of a story I'd written some time ago where I was trying to copy the stylings of Cormac McCarthy. I did some things well in the story (language, setting, verisimilitude) but the story was really lacking and the payoff did not match the build up. I had decided that when I came back to the story it would have to be longer.

I pulled the story out a couple of months ago because of Chad and I decided to submit it just the way it was. Because Duotrope has very cool search functions I found a site that dealt with the kind of story I'd written. I submitted there and needless to say. . .

Twisted Tongue has picked up "A Texas Story" for November 07. You'll be able to read it in PDF format or pay for a copy. Unfortunately, I won't be getting a free copy, but I really don't care, just happy to be published.

3 comments:

Neil Kelly said...

Damn, at this rate you'll really rich and living and writing in Monterrey and I can come down and sponge. Sweet! Keep it up!

Charmi said...

This is a great! You must be living right. I had coffee with Rebecca yesterday and she said everyone at the library was thrilled with you and so happy you're taking on the new position. And now this...

Anonymous said...

Ha, I just read this...

at first I thought the title was some racist remark... as I read it as "Niggy Muffins"

I'm not even black and I was offended.. luckily.. my eyes came into focus..