Monday, April 30, 2007

Homes and Gardens and Bestiality- and more memoirs/biographies

The house has been on the market for about 4 weeks now and we will have our fourth showing tomorrow. It's the same response over and over again: It's cute! but the neighborhood sucks!

However, if the house does sell soon, there is a nice old house on Lilac on about 1 1/2 acres that really could be a forever house. The house was built in 1860 and would take a lot of elbow grease to get it where we want it. But, there's alot of room to roam both inside and out and it's close to the river.

Gloria and I were working on the yard yesterday and we decided to let the dogs hang out with us. They were catching rays and we were working when some weirdo drove by and said "Can I fuck your dogs?". It took me a second to realize what he said because I was listening to the Blues Revue on 88.1 but I could tell from the look on Gloria's face that she was disturbed. What does it take for someone to say something so ridiculous?

I can't get away from reading memoirs. I'm currently reading "Bento Box in the Heartland". It's Linda Furiya's take on being Japanese and growing up in Indiana and how she uses food to understand her situation. Pretty good so far!

Also checked out a huge artbook about Henry Darger. He was this outsider art/ folk art guy from Chicago. He was a janitor by day and painted watercolors and made collages by night. Really interesting, intriguing stuff. I can't wait to read it.

No comments: